Oracle is one of the most in-demand software companies in the world. Some of the largest global brands rely on Oracle to run their businesses, including LinkedIn, Netflix, and Intuit. Oracle’s innovative services have led the company’s growth to skyrocket over the past decade: it went from $11.8 billion in sales in 2005 to a whopping $40.48 billion in sales in 2021.
Oracle offers a suite of solutions for companies, but their products are complex. That’s why so many professionals pursue an Oracle certification. Oracle certifications are valuable for both employers and workers because:
- They demonstrate that someone’s skills are up to par to work in Oracle.
- Certified workers tend to work faster and better.
- It’s an excellent addition to a resume.
However, there are dozens and dozens of Oracle certifications to choose from. Which ones are the best?
Choose from our list of the 50 best Oracle certifications to improve your team’s skills, speed up project completion times, and optimize your business processes.
1. Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Security 2021 Certified Associate
This certification is the first stepping stone to becoming a professional-level worker in OCI Security. It’s also the prerequisite for more advanced certifications. Passing this exam shows that you have the ability to be responsible for security in an OCI environment.
Some of the topics you can expect to find on this exam are:
- OCI security services for providing a secure cloud environment
- OCI Identity and Access Management service and features
- How to secure applications in OCI
- Understanding OCI network security
Keep in mind that you might see other topics on this exam. A candidate should also have at least 6 months of hands-on experience building their foundational knowledge before taking the exam.
2. Oracle Autonomous Database Cloud 2021 Certified Specialist
This Oracle certification shows that the certificate holder has up-to-date, hands-on experience in Autonomous Database. Some topics covered on the exam include:
- The provision, management, monitoring, and migration of workloads to the Autonomous Database
- Knowledge of shared and dedicated Exadata infrastructure
- Using the features, workflows, and architecture of an Autonomous Database
By passing this exam, you’ll receive a Specialist-level certification in Autonomous Database.
3. Oracle Cloud Infrastructure 2021 Certified Architect Associate
If you have a good foundational knowledge of architecting infrastructure using OCI, this certification is the next step in your career. Some topics that you’ll find on the exam are:
- Launching Bare Metal and Virtual Compute Instances
- Instantiating a Load Balancer
- Advanced Networking Concepts
- Architecting Best Practices for HA and Security
To successfully pass this exam, it’s recommended that a professional has up-to-date training, as well as hands-on experience in the field.
4. Oracle Cloud Infrastructure 2021 Certified Architect Professional
The Cloud Infrastructure certification is the next step after the OCI Architect Associate exam. Because of this, candidates must have already earned the Associate title in order to take this exam.
Once you pass this exam, you’ll have demonstrated professional-level ability to plan, design, implement, and operate databases as well as hybrid cloud architecture.
5. Oracle Database SQL Certified Associate
The Oracle Database SQL Certified Associate needs to have an understanding of basic SQL concepts. This includes:
- Knowledge of queries, inserts, updates, and deleting SQL statements
- Beginner understanding of Data Definition Language and Data Control Language
- Using the optimizer, tales and indexes, data modeling, and normalization
If you’ve passed this exam, you’ve demonstrated that you’re fluent in SQL language. It also shows that you know how to use SQL to create and edit tables in an Oracle database. This is a valuable certification to show that you have both knowledge and experience working with SQL, too.
6. Oracle Cloud Infrastructure 2021 Certified Cloud Operations Associate
This is an associate-level OCI certification, but it’s a good idea to have up-to-date training and field experience in:
- Automation of Cloud tasks
- Tune Performance
- Managing cost
- Managing security and compliance policies
… before taking the exam.
This exam will also prove that a candidate is qualified to Monitor and Alert OCI, Implement Data Retention and Archival, create with CLI, and design Cloud-scale Agility.
7. Oracle Database 12c Administrator (OCA)
The Oracle Database 12c Administrator certification exam shows that an IT professional has the foundational skills to work with database administration or application development. Once you’ve passed this test, you’ll be able to establish that you’re capable of performing the duties of a junior team member to prospective employers.
8. Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Developer 2020 Certified Associate
Take this exam to showcase your associate-level knowledge in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure applications. You will be tested on your fundamental knowledge of these areas:
People with this certification also have proven their ability to use the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure service APIs, CLI, and SDKs to write applications.
To increase your chances of passing this exam, it’s recommended that you have a solid knowledge of at least one programming language and 6 months of experience.
9. Oracle Certified Professional: Java SE 8 Programmer
This certification is actually made up of two tests:
You’ll need to have hands-on experience working in Java to do well on these two exams. But if you successfully pass both exams, you’ll be qualified to work as a Java SE 8 Programmer.
10. Oracle Certified Professional: Java SE 11 Developer
The Java SE 11 Developer certification exam is a more advanced test to assess your experience with Standard Edition Java software.
Professionals with this certification have showcased their understanding of:
- Java programming language
- Coding practices
- How to use new Java SE II features
This exam is perfect for anyone who wants to work as a Java software developer. Candidates should be fluent in Java SE, understand object orientation, and have a deep understanding of functional programming to do well on this exam.
11. Oracle Database Administration 2019 Certified Professional
This certification shows that professionals have the skills and knowledge to:
- Install, patch, and upgrade Oracle Data Database and Oracle Grid Infrastructure for a standalone server
- Create and manage a backup and recovery strategy using Recovery Manager (RMAN)
- Use RMAN for Database duplication and transportation
- Diagnose failures using RMAN
- Manage all aspects of Multitenant container databases
You need to pass both the Oracle Database Administration I 1Z0-082 and Administration II 1Z0-083 with a score of 60% and 57%, respectively, to achieve this certification. This certification is valuable if you want to work in a role with day-to-day administration within an Oracle Database.
Cost: $245 for each test
12. Oracle Hyperion Data Relationship Management Certified Implementation Specialist
The Oracle Hyperion Data Relationship Management Certified Implementation Specialist is the perfect certification for those who sell and implement a Master Data Management software solution. Someone who has passed this exam is well-equipped to work on software solutions that build consistency within master data assets.
Topics covered in this exam include:
- Creating applications
- Working with hierarchies and nodes
- Defining properties
- Querying and comparing data
- Managing security
Anyone can take this exam, but it’s designed for members of the Oracle Partner Network.
13. Oracle PL/SQL Application Developer – Associate (OCA)
Take this Oracle exam to prove your fundamental expertise in all things related to PL/SQL development.
This certification tests a professional’s knowledge of the PL/SQL language. In this exam, you can expect to be tested on architecture, features, interactions with the SQL engines, and programming constructs.
The PL/SQL Application Developer Associate Certification is ideal for PL/SQL developers, database administrators, forms developers, system analysts, and technical consultants.
14. Oracle Global Human Resources Cloud 2020 Certified Implementation Specialist
This certification is for people who want to prove that they have a strong understanding of selling and implementing Oracle HCM Cloud Service solutions.
Some topics covered in this certification exam include:
- People and profile management
- Workforce Structures
- Checklists, Actions, Workflow, Approvals, and Notifications
It’s a good idea to have field experience and training before you take this exam.
15. Oracle Certified Professional, Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g Forms Developer Certification
If you have a strong foundation in SQL and PL/SQL basics, this certification is a great next step. Actually, you need the PL/SQL Developer certification as either an Associate or a Professional to take this exam.
The exam covers topics such as:
- Designing code for reuse
- Using GUY controls and writing triggers
- Troubleshooting applications
- Using WebUtil to interact with client computers
Those who hold this certification can be trusted by employers to build with the Oracle Forms Builder 11g.
16. Oracle B2B Service 2021 Certified Implementation Specialist Certification
The Oracle B2B Service 2021 Certified Implementation Certification prepares an IT professional for tasks associated with the initial setup and configuration of service request management.
It’s a good idea to prepare for this exam with Oracle’s study materials, as well as have a good amount of hands-on experience.
You can expect the exam to test you on:
- Deploying and customizing a Digital Customer Service application
- Configuring Omnichannel communications
- Using tools to configure and customize B2B service workflows
17. PeopleSoft PeopleTools 8.5x Certified Implementation Specialist
Passing this exam shows that a professional is certified to create, test, and troubleshoot PeopleSoft applications. Not only does it require knowledge of these tasks, but it’s also good to have hands-on experience working with these applications.
If you pass this exam, it shows you’re able to:
- Use PeopleSoft implementations
- Use development tools and technology, such as Application Designer and PeopleCode
- Assist customers with implementing Classic and Fluid applications
18. JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Financial Management 9.2 Certified Implementation Specialist
This certification tests a person’s knowledge of the many aspects of the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Financial Management system.
The purpose of this system is to provide versatile solutions that save time and money. A professional with this certification has demonstrated their ability to navigate the program to assist with this.
You can expect to see these topics on the exam:
- Describing program navigation
- Setting up components for accounts payable
- Setting up suppliers
- Implementing accounts receivable components
19. Oracle Certified Professional, Java EE 7 Application Developer
This exam requires knowledge of Java EE 7 programming. The test-taker needs a professional level of understanding of web development and Java EE 7. That’s a lot of material, so this exam is very broad. If you pass it, you’ll demonstrate your fluency in Java EE development.
You can expect the test to cover these topics:
- Java EE Architecture
- Java Message Service API
- Implement business logic using EJBs
- Secure Java EE 7 Applications
- Create Java Applications using Servlets, JSPs, and JSFs
20. Oracle Certified Foundations Associate, Java
This is a great fundamentals certification that can be a stepping stone into a more advanced career in Java. Passing this exam requires:
- An understanding of fundamental concepts of Java programming
- Demonstrating conceptual knowledge and skills
The Oracle Certifications Foundations Associate exam doesn’t necessarily require hands-on experience. However, it was designed for students who went through the Oracle Academy.
21. Oracle Database Administration 2019 Certified Professional (Upgrade from 10g, 11g, 12c, 12cR2 OCP) Certification
This certification verifies that the certificate holder is up-to-date with current Oracle database technology. Candidates who pass this exam can confidently manage systems using the most cutting-edge Oracle database architecture.
Keep in mind that this is a professional-level certification. You’ll need several prerequisites to sit for this exam, which could include:
- Oracle Database 10g Administrator Certified Professional
- Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional
- Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Professional
- Oracle Database 12c R2 Administration Certified Professional
- Oracle Database 10g Certified Associate
- Oracle Database 11g Certified Associate
- Oracle Database 12c Certified Associate
- Oracle Database 12c R2 Certified Associate
22. Oracle Certified Expert, Oracle Database 12c: RAC and Grid Infrastructure Administrator
Anyone who holds this certification is considered an expert in RAC and Grid Infrastructure Administration. Prior to completing this test, the candidate must hold the Oracle Certified Expert, Oracle Real Application Clusters 11g, and Grid Infrastructure Administrator certification.
The exam consists of 3 parts, and each requires a different score to pass:
- Section 1- 60%
- Section 2- 45%
- Section 3- 33%
This is a globally recognized certification, which makes it an excellent option for those looking to showcase their fluency in software applications.
23. Oracle Database Cloud Administrator 2021 Certified Associate Certification
This is a fundamental skills exam that showcases a professional’s general knowledge and skills with Oracle Cloud products.
To sit for this exam, candidates must have already received one of these certifications:
- Oracle Database 12c Administrator Certified Associate
- Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Associate (retired)
24. Oracle VM 3.0 for x86 Certified Implementation Specialist
This is an intermediate-level exam that’s generally targeted at members of the Oracle Partner Network. Consider taking this exam if you’re looking to showcase your skills in selling and implementing Oracle VM technology and support.
The exam covers topics like:
- Installing OVM 3.0 Server and OVM 3.0 Manager components
- Discovering OVM Servers
- Configuring network and storage repository
- Creating server pools
- Managing templates and Guest VMs
25. Oracle Business Process Management Suite 12c Certified Implementation Specialist
This is a specialist-level exam that is good for professionals who want to demonstrate their ability to use Oracle Business Process Management Suite 12c solutions.
The certification exam tests knowledge obtained from both hands-on experience and training materials. You can expect the exam to test you on:
- BPMN process modeling
- Adaptive case management
- Business rules
- Human workflow and task forms
- Process analytics
- BPM workspace
- Security and Administration
26. Oracle SOA Suite 12c Certified Implementation Specialist
By passing this exam, you’ll be recognized as an OPN Certified Specialist. It also qualifies as competency criteria for the Oracle SOA Suite 12c specialization, so it’s a good starting point for professionals who want to pursue the specialization.
This exam will test your knowledge on topics like:
- BPEL modeling
- Business rules
- Human task services
- Service mediation
- Event processing
- Business activity monitoring
- Securing services
Those who pass this exam have demonstrated their fluency in the Oracle Business Process Management Suite 12c and are prepared to work in roles that need this specialization.
27. Oracle GoldenGate 12c Certified Implementation Specialist
Passing this exam indicates that a person has a strong understanding of the procedures related to selling and implementing Oracle GoldenGate 12c solutions. Before taking this exam, you need to be up to date on the most recent training and also have experience working in real-life settings with Oracle GoldenGate.
The GoldenGate 12c Certified Implementation Specialist exam covers:
- Oracle GoldenGate 12c Architecture
- Oracle GoldenGate 12c Parameters
- Oracle GoldenGate 12c Mapping and Transformation Overview
28. Oracle Certified Associate, Oracle WebLogic Server 12c Administrator
The Oracle WebLogic Server supports many Java application servers. That’s why this certificate is valuable for any employee who wants to confidently set up server environments, tune performance, and troubleshoot.
Passing this exam demonstrates that a candidate has knowledge of:
- Administering a WebLogic Server
- The skills needed to make advanced system administration tasks
To pass the exam, you will need up-to-date training and field experience, too.
29. Oracle Certified Professional Oracle Linux 8 System Administrator
This Oracle Certified Professional exam tests a person’s fluency in everything related to deploying, configuring, and administering the Oracle Linux 8 production server environment. This exam proves you know how to use new, advanced features in Linux 8.
Expect this exam to also cover skills learned through experience with installing, configuring, and monitoring a running system.
30. Oracle Certified Associate, Oracle Solaris 11 System Administrator
This is an associate-level exam that tests a candidate’s ability to use Oracle Solaris 11. It tests the foundational knowledge of administering an Oracle Solaris 11 Operating System at the OCA Level. This certification is a great option for professionals looking for a competitive edge or to prove their expertise.
Topics on the exam include:
- Managing local disk devices
- Managing file systems
- Installing and removing Solaris packages and patches
- Performing system boot procedures
- System processes
31. Oracle Certified Professional, Oracle Solaris 11 System Administrator
This is the professional-level exam testing your knowledge of Oracle Solaris 11. You’ll need to complete the prerequisite for this exam by passing the Oracle Solaris 11 System Administrator Associate Certification.
Because this is a professional-level exam, you should expect it to cover many topics, including:
- System administration skills, like configuring network interfaces and managing swap configurations and crash dumps
- Fundamental knowledge of UNIX operating system operation systems, commands, and utilities
- Managing local disk devices, managing file systems, and installing and removing Solaris packages and patches
32. Oracle Hyperion Data Relationship Management Certified Implementation Specialist
By passing the Oracle Hyperion Data Relationship Management Implementation Specialist exam, you demonstrate strong knowledge of selling and implementing a Master Data Management software solution.
With this certification, professionals are prepared to build, manage, and integrate transactional and analytical systems.
Expect this exam to test you on:
- Creating applications
- Working with hierarchies and nodes
- Defining properties
- Querying and comparing data
- Blending versions
33. Oracle Hyperion Financial Management 11 Certified Implementation Specialist Certification
This certification sets professionals apart because it showcases their skills in implementing solutions based on Oracle Hyperion Financial Management. To pass this exam, you need up-to-date knowledge of training and practices, which includes a good amount of hands-on experience.
Expect the exam to cover topics related to creating applications using EPMA and classic methods, loading data, working with shared services, and defining reports. This is a valuable certification for intermediate professionals looking for a competitive edge.
34. JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Configurable Network Computing 9.2 Certified Implementation Specialist
This exam shows that an Implementation Specialist can confidently use the tools required for working with the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Configurable Network Computing 9.2. Employers can expect professionals holding this certificate to perform tools upgrades, server and workstation administration, XML publisher, Cafe One, and business services.
People with this certification also understand:
- CNC Foundation and Terminology
- Object and Package management
- Security and installing architecture expertise
- Upgrading and troubleshooting
35. Oracle Utilities Work and Asset Cloud Service 2021 Certified Implementation Specialist Certification
The Oracle Utilities Work and Asset Cloud Service 2021 Certified Implementation Specialist Certification indicates a professional’s deep knowledge of managing and configuring the Oracle Utilities Work and Asset Cloud Service Solution.
This certification demonstrates you have the skills to:
- Manage work orders
- Configure and manage activities and assets
- Implement key solution functional areas.
It’s also important to have hands-on experience with Oracle Utilities Work and Asset Cloud Services to do well on this exam.
36. Oracle Utilities Customer Cloud Service 2021 Certified Implementation Specialist
This certification is an excellent option for professionals who work with the Oracle Utilities Customer Cloud. It can help you stand out by demonstrating your knowledge of implementing and configuring service to an employer.
You can expect the exam to test your knowledge in these areas:
- Managing Customer Information and Financial Transactions
- Billing, Managing Rates, and Payments
- Monitoring Overdue Debt
- Devices & Measuring Components
- Service Order Management
- Operational Device Management
37. Oracle Cloud Platform Application Development 2021 Certified Specialist Certification
Take this exam if you want to demonstrate your ability to implement Cloud solutions. Employers can expect candidates who hold this certificate to successfully work in roles that use:
- Visual Builder Studio
- Oracle WebLogic Server for OCI
- Container Native Technologies
- Mobile Hub
Certified Cloud Platform Application Specialists have proven that they understand the Application Development portfolio and have the capacity to configure services.
38. Oracle Cloud Platform Digital Assistant 2021 Certified Specialist
Cloud Platform Digital Assistant Specialists have demonstrated wide knowledge of designing and deploying skills and digital assistants in Oracle Digital Assistant. IT professionals taking this exam study:
- Dialog Flow
- Conversation Design
- Conversational AI
- Digital Assistant and Skills
By passing this exam, professionals prove that they are able to work in roles that require them to create entities for classification of user input, tune digital assistant routing behavior, and more.
39. Oracle Machine Learning using Autonomous Database 2021 Certified Specialist
To pass this exam, an IT professional must demonstrate foundational knowledge of Oracle Machine Learning. This includes training and experience in the following areas:
- Machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Creating projects, workspaces, job schedules, templates, and notebooks
- Using SQL and PL/SQL scripts
40. Oracle Cloud Platform Identity and Security Management 2021 Certified Specialist
IT professionals with expert knowledge in implementing Oracle Cloud solutions can take this certification exam to highlight their skills.
Anyone can take this exam, but to do well, you’ll need updated training and hands-on experience in the field. Most candidates for this certification exam have experience as an administrator or a similar role.
You can expect the exam to cover these topics:
- Oracle Identity Cloud Service
- Security Fundamentals on OCI
- Key Management
- Cloud Guard
- Improving security posture for OCI
41. Oracle Cloud Platform Systems Management 2021 Certified Specialist
The Cloud Platform Systems Management 2021 Specialist exam is for IT professionals who want to showcase their skills with the architecture and implementation of the Oracle Management Cloud.
Preparation for this exam involves studying many topics, including:
- Configuration of Application Performance Monitoring
- Oracle Infrastructure
- Oracle Log Analytics
- Oracle IT Analytics
42. Oracle Cloud Platform Content Management 2021 Certified Specialist
This specialist certification exam tests an IT professional’s expertise in implementing Cloud solutions, including tasks like:
- Activating and configuring a new Content Management cloud service
- Creating components and new experience sites
- Understanding the new digital asset type
- Using REST APIs
- Conducting Site Life Cycle Management
A professional with this certification should also be knowledgeable in repository sharing and integrating Content Management with other cloud services.
43. Oracle B2C Service Integration and Development 2021 Certified Implementation Specialist
An Oracle B2C Service Integration and Development 2021 Certified Implementation Specialist has demonstrated that they have the knowledge necessary for using Oracle B2C Service Integration and Development.
You can expect the exam to test your knowledge of:
- CP Tools
- CP Basic Customizations
- CP Widget and Scripting
- CP Advanced Customizations
- Integration & Customization Agent Desktop
Other B2C service integration and development skills will also be tested on this exam, so candidates should be up-to-date on best practices before sitting for the exam.
44. Oracle Product Lifecycle Management 2021 Certified Implementation Specialist Certification
The Oracle Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software helps companies design and launch new products. Anyone holding the 2021 Certified Implementation Specialist Certification has demonstrated their ability to use the program effectively. This certification tests a professional’s ability to deploy and configure:
- Product hubs
- Product development
- Innovation management
- Quality projects
45. Oracle Knowledge Management 2021 Certified Implementation Specialist
Specialists with the Oracle Knowledge Management 2021 Certified Implementation Certification have the skills necessary to use Oracle Knowledge Management efficiently. Professionals who pass this exam are prepared to:
- Use, modify, and administer knowledgebase content
- Set up reports
- Configure queues
In order to pass this exam, the candidate should know how to use Knowledge Advanced and Knowledge Foundation, too.
46. Oracle CPQ 2021 Certified Implementation Specialist Certification
Oracle Configure, Price, Quote (CPQ) system is a solution for customers to place purchase orders. Passing this exam indicates an IT professional’s fluency in using Oracle’s CQP Cloud technology.
This exam tests professionals on:
- Designing and integrating CPQ Cloud with ERP and other backend systems
- Installing and configuring CPQ Cloud Managed Packages
- Designing commerce pricing, rules, and workflows
Anyone holding this certification can be expected to use up-to-date CPQ tools, which covers everything from Developer tools to Product and Style and Template tools.
47. Oracle CX Sales 2021 Certified Implementation Specialist
The Oracle Sales Cloud 2021 Certified Implementation Specialist can help IT professionals showcase their sales skills. Anyone holding this certification is prepared to work in any position implementing Oracle CX Sales solutions.
This certification exam tests a variety of areas, which can include:
- Customer Management
- Lead Management
- Opportunity Management
- Partner Relationship Management
- Sales Analytics
48. Oracle CX Commerce 2021 Certified Implementation Specialist
The Oracle CX Commerce Certified Implementation Specialist is prepared to build a custom Commerce store. They have the knowledge and skills to:
- Implement and deploy custom storefront components
- Manage sites programmatically
- Manage sites in the Administration User Interface
- Integrate with external payment services using payment gateway extensions and webhooks
Specialists have demonstrated they have the knowledge and ability to work with the B2B and B2C eCommerce platforms.
49. Oracle Intelligent Advisor 2021 Certified Implementation Specialist
Oracle Intelligent Advisor Implementation Specialists have demonstrated their ability to work with the Oracle Intelligent Advisor automated service agent solution.
Specifically, this exam prepares professionals to:
- Work with the Policy Modeler rules user Interface
- Create an effective Intelligent Advisor policy model
- Administer users and projects using Intelligent Advisor Hub
Passing this exam also indicates to prospective employers that an individual can confidently create, maintain, and deploy all tasks related to working on policy models in the Intelligent Advisor Hub.
50. Oracle Eloqua Marketing 2021 Certified Implementation Specialist
IT professionals holding the Oracle Eloqua Marketing 2021 Certified Implementation Specialist Certificate have shown a strong ability to work with the SaaS platform Eloqua.
You can expect this exam to test your knowledge on:
- Security settings
- Key administrative features
- Facilitation of deliverability exercise for email
- Advanced capabilities of automation
If you’re a professional looking to advance your skills and expertise, it’s worth pursuing Oracle certifications relevant to your background and career objectives. For employers, these are excellent certifications to look for when evaluating resumes and candidates. Companies can also consider covering the cost of these and other Oracle certifications for existing employees to upskill their workforce.